This Privacy Statement describes our practices, including your options regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of specific information, including your personal information in connection with the medi-cine.online service.
If you have general questions regarding your account or how to contact customer service for assistance, please visit our online help center at medi-cine.online/help. For questions specifically about this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office via email at email@example.com.
The data controller of your personal information is Edu-Farm S.r.l.. Please note that if you contact for assistance, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you, such as:
- Information you provide to us: We collect the information you provide to us, which includes:
- your name, email address, zip code or address, payment method(s), telephone number, and other identifiers you might use (such as an in-game name). We collect this information in several ways, including when you enter it while using our service, when you interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- information you provide to us when you choose to provide ratings, taste preferences, account settings (including preferences set in the "Account" section of our website), or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically. We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your network, network devices, and your computer or other medi-cine.online capable devices you might use to access our service (such as gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, set top boxes, and other streaming media devices). This information includes:
- your activity on the medi-cine.online service, such as title selections, video you have watched and search queries;
- your interactions with our emails, texts and with our messages sent through push notifications and online messaging channels;
- details about your interactions with our customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers, including those related to your network devices, and devices that are medi-cine.online compatible on your Wi-Fi network;
- resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers), such as those on mobile devices, tablets, and streaming media devices that include such identifiers (see the "Cookies and Internet Advertising" section below for further information);
- device and software features (such as type and configuration), connection information including type (wifi, cellular), statistics about page views, referring source (for example, referral URLs), IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- Information from partners. We collect information from other companies with whom you have a relationship (“Partners”). These Partners might include (depending on what services you use): your TV or internet service provider, or other streaming media device providers who make our service available on their device; mobile phone carriers or other companies who provide services to you and collect payment for the medi-cine.online service for distribution to us, or provide pre-paid promotions for the medi-cine.online service; and voice assistant platform providers who enable interaction with our service through voice commands. The information Partners provide us with varies depending on the nature of the Partner services. This information may include:
- search queries and commands applicable to medi-cine.online, which you carry out through Partners devices or voice assistant platforms;
- service activation information, such as your email address or other contact information;
- IP addresses, device IDs or other unique identifiers, as well as information associated to pre-paid promotion, billing and user interface, which support user authentication, the medi-cine.online service registration interface, Partner payment processing, and the presentation of medi-cine.online content to you through portions of the Partner user interface.
- Information from other sources. We can also obtain information from other sources. We protect this information according to the practices described in this Privacy Statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These sources may vary over time, but could include:
- service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize our service and for other uses consistent with this Privacy Statement;
- security service providers who provide us with information to secure our systems, prevent fraud and help us protect the security of medi-cine.online accounts;
- payment service providers who provide us with payment or balance information, or updates to that information, based on their relationship with you;
- online and offline data providers, from which we obtain aggregated demographics, interest-based and online advertising related data;
- publicly-available sources, such as publicly available posts on social media and information available through public databases, associating IP addresses with internet service providers (ISPs).
Use of Information
We are going to use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to manage member referrals, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we may use such information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations on videos we think will be of interest to you, determine your ISP to support network troubleshooting for you (we also use aggregated ISP information for operational and business purposes), and respond quickly and efficiently to inquiries and requests;
- coordinate with Partners on making the medi-cine.online service available to members and providing information to non members about the availability of the medi-cine.online service, based on the specific relationship you have with the Partner;
- secure our systems, prevent fraud and protect the security of medi-cine.online accounts;
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences and service performance) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and service delivery;
- communicate with you regarding our service, so that we can send you news about medi-cine.online, details about new features and content available on medi-cine.online, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be delivered via various means, such as emails, push notifications, text messages, online messaging channels, and matched identifier communications (described below). Please see the "Your Choices" section of this Privacy Statement to learn how to set or change your preferences concerning this matter.
The medi-cine.online recommendations system does not infer or attach socio-demographic information (like gender or race) to you.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it and use it. We will normally collect personal information from you in case we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example, to provide our services to you), in case the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for example, our direct marketing activities in accordance with your preferences), or in case we have your consent to do so (for example, for you to participate in certain consumer insights activities like specific surveys and focus groups). In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, or we may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, to prevent payment fraud or confirm your identity).
For questions about our use of your personal information (including the legal bases and transfer mechanisms we rely on), cookies or similar technologies, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our online help center at medi-cine.online/help for more information about these topics.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Edu-Farm S.r.l. group of companies: We may share your information among the Edu-Farm S.r.l. group of companies, as needed for: providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements; content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers: We may use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, security, infrastructure and IT services, to customize, personalize and optimize our service, to provide bank account or balance information, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. When providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal information or other information. We do not authorize Service Providers to use or disclose your personal information, except when providing their services (which includes maintaining and improving their services).
- Partners: As described above, you may have a relationship with one or more of our Partners, in which case we may share certain information with them, in order to coordinate with them as to provide the medi-cine.online service to members and provide information about the availability of the medi-cine.online service. For example, depending on what Partner services you use, we may share information:
- in order to facilitate Partner pre-paid promotions or payment collection for the medi-cine.online service, as well as to transfer the payment to us;
- with Partners who operate voice assistant platforms that allow you to interact with our service using voice commands;
- so that content and features available in the medi-cine.online service can be suggested to you in the Partner’s user interface. For members, these suggestions are part of the medi-cine.online service and may include customized and personalized viewing recommendations.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for you to participate, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information as to fulfill the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Business transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the applicable laws on data protection.
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
- some sections of our service may contain a tool which allows you to share information by email, text message and social media, or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart device;
- social plugins and similar technologies allow you to share information.
Access to Account and Profiles
“Remember me” function: For ease of access to your account, you can use the "Remember me on this device" function when you log in to the website. This function uses technology that enables us to provide direct account access and to help administer the medi-cine.online service without requiring reentry of any password or other user identification when your browser revisits the service.
Giving others access to your account: If you share your account or allow others to access your account, they will be able to see shows you have watched, ratings, account information (including your email address or other information in the "Account" area of our website), and game related information (such as your in-game name and saved game progress). You might have the option to use seamless account login through the medi-cine.online mobile app, which enables login to the medi-cine.online app on smart TVs, set top boxes, and other streaming media devices on the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected. If you use that feature, those devices will remain signed into your account unless you log out of those devices.
Email and Text Messages. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message, simply click the "unsubscribe" link in the email. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as messages related to your account transactions.
Rights of the Interested Party
- RIGHT OF OBJECTION: The interested party has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning them for the purposes referred to in sections 5, 6 and 9 of this Privacy Statement, having as a legal basis the legitimate interest of the owner of the treatment.
- RIGHT OF ACCESS: The interested party has the right to obtain confirmation from the data controller as to whether or not their personal data are being processed and, in this case, to obtain access to the personal data and information indicated below.
- RIGHT OF RECTIFICATION: The interested party has the right to obtain from the data controller the correction of personal data concerning them without undue delay. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the interested party has the right to obtain the integration of incomplete personal data, also by providing a supplementary declaration.
- RIGHT OF CANCELLATION: The interested party has the right to obtain from the data controller the cancellation of personal data concerning them without undue delay and the data controller is obliged to cancel the personal data without undue delay, if one of the following reasons exists:
- the personal data are no longer necessary with respect to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- the interested party opposes the treatment based on the legitimate interest of the data controller for reasons connected to their particular situation (and, therefore, in case of opposition to the treatment for the purposes referred to in sections 5, 6, and 9 of this information);
- personal data are unlawfully processed;
- personal data must be deleted to fulfill a legal obligation under the law of the Union or of the Member State to which the data controller is subject.
- RIGHT TO LIMITATION OF TREATMENT: The interested party has the right to obtain from the data controller the limitation of treatment;
- RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY: The interested party has the right to receive in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device, the personal data concerning them provided to a data controller and has the right to transmit such data to a another data controller without impediments by the data controller to whom he provided them.
When you visit the "Account" portion of our website, where you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your payment information, and various related information about your account (such as the content you have viewed and rated). You must be signed in to access the "Account" section.
For other requests, or if you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Privacy Office at email@example.com.
For more information about how to access your information, including our verification process, please refer to medi-cine.online/verify.
For information about deletion, removal and retention of information, please refer to medi-cine.online/cancel.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws and within thirty days from request. Please also see the "Your Choices" section of this Privacy Statement for additional choices regarding your personal information.
- RIGHT TO PRESENT A COMPLAINT WITH A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial appeal, the interested party who considers that the processing concerning him or her violates the Regulation has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State where he or she habitually resides, works or in the place where the alleged violation occurred. The supervisory authority to which the complaint was lodged informs the complainant of the status or outcome of the complaint, including the possibility of judicial remedy.
The user is warned that medi-cine.online will keep and possibly use the data:
- in order to prove the fulfillment of the purchase and / or subscription contract and / or to initiate or respond to actions related to this contract and / or this service before any administrative and / or judicial authority and / or to protect their rights in the preparatory stages of the judgment and / or procedure; for this purpose, the data will be kept for 10 years from the signing of the subscription contract and / or from the purchase of the single service, including the registration service (in this case the data will be kept for 10 years from the cancellation of the account);
- in order to prove that we have allowed the exercise of the rights provided for by the Regulations and / or by the law (eg: right of withdrawal; legal guarantee) and / or by the purchase contract and to have carried out the provisions of the law and / or the contract in this regard (eg: refund, in the case of exercising the right of withdrawal);
- to prove that we have responded to complaints and / or reports and / or complaints from users;
- in the case of exercising the rights provided for by the Regulations, the data will be kept for 5 years starting from the attestation of having responded to the request of the interested party or from this confirmation, if later;
- in the case of the exercise of rights under the purchase contract or the law, the data will be kept for 10 years, starting from the closure of the file or from the execution of the action that defines it (eg: refundt, in case of withdrawal); file closure means the last correspondence related to the exercise of the rights in question;
- in case of complaints and / or reports and / or disputes, the data will be kept for three years from the closure of the file, which is to be considered as the last correspondence on the matter.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security that is appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
You must be at least 18 years of age or olderin order to subscribe to the medi-cine.online service. Minors may only use the service with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will notify you about any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with the law. Your continuous use of the medi-cine.online service after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (when applicable) acceptance of those changes. If you do not wish to acknowledge or accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your subscription to the medi-cine.online service. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section below.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
Cookies and similar technologies, web beacons, and resettable device identifiers
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse websites and use online services. We use other technologies such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, these other technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. In many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of the web beacons associated with those cookies.
If you use the medi-cine.online app on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media device, we may collect a resettable device identifier from your device. Resettable device identifiers (also known as advertising identifiers) are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the "Identifier for Advertisers" (or IDFA) on Apple iOS devices and the "Google Advertising ID" on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, resettable device identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant and for analytics and optimization purposes.
Why does medi-cine.online use these technologies?
We use these types of technologies for various reasons, like facilitating the access to our services by remembering your data when you return; we also use these technologies to provide, analyze, understand and enhance the use of our services; to enforce our terms, prevent fraud; to improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site; and to deliver and tailor our marketing or advertising, as well as to analyze interactions with our emails, marketing, and online ads on third party sites.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies help us customize and improve your online experience with medi-cine.online. For example, they help us remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter the information you had previously provided (for example, during member sign-up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as most visited pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors' use of the medi-cine.online service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies and resettable device identifiers: These cookies and resettable device identifiers use information about your use of this and other websites and apps, your response to ads and emails, in order to deliver ads that are more relevant to you and for analytics and optimization purposes. These types of ads are called "interest-based advertising." The advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
As far as our use of these technologies is concerned, some of the websites and apps where we advertise, as well as advertising technology companies that we use to purchase, deliver, optimize, and/or measure our advertisements (collectively “Advertising Partners”), may receive limited information from us as part of our campaign targeting, measurement, and optimization (e.g., information related to the steps completed during sign-up, information about visits to the website, or information about app launching/app installation).
This type of information is generally used to judge the effectiveness of campaigns and optimize these campaigns, thus allowing Advertising Partners to know whether a user who saw an add later subscribed to our service. Also, this information is commonly used to make sure we do not serve ads trying to get individuals to sign up for the medi-cine.online service if they are already a medi-cine.online user.
medi-cine.online uses contractual and technical measures designed to prevent Advertising Partners from accessing information regarding specific title selections you make, URLs you land on, or shows you have watched on our service. We do not share information about title selections or your shows you have watched on our service.
How can I exercise my choice regarding these technologies?
To exercise choice regarding cookies
To gain further information about the cookies setting in our website, as well as other types of online tracking (including the collection of information about your online activities by third parties over time and across third-party websites or online services for online interest-based advertising), and to exercise choices regarding them, click here. At the moment, we do not respond to "do not track" signals in browsers.
To exercise choice regarding resettable device identifiers
To opt out of receiving interest-based ads from medi-cine.online linked with a resettable device identifier on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media devices, please configure the appropriate setting on your device (usually found under "privacy" or "ads" in your device settings). You may still see medi-cine.online ads on your device, but they will not be customized to meet your potential interests.
To exercise choice regarding other technologies
There are several ways to exercise choice regarding technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). For example, many popular browsers allow users to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see the help function or support area in your browser to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.
To see the prior version of this document, please go to medi-cine.online/privacyupdates.
Last Updated: 14.06.2022